River City Paddlesports, at this time, does not rent out any canoes, kayaks, or stand-up paddleboards. However, Louisville has many options for renting and purchasing canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding equipment. There are also many places to paddle in Metro Louisville: below are several guides that can help you decide where to paddle.
- Blue Moon Canoe & Kayak of Kentucky: rents equipment on Floyds Fork. They also will travel with a canoe/kayak trailer to local destinations.
- Louisville Kayak Company, Kayak the 502: rents equipment on Louisville’s waterfront, and also has canoe/kayak trailers and will transport boats to local destinations.
- Nachand Canoe and Kayak Rentals: has a rental facility on Harrod’s Creek off of River Road by the East End Bridge.
- Endless Summer Paddle Company: rent stand-up paddleboards on Louisville’s waterfront in the River Park Place Marina. She also offers lessons.
- Canoe Kentucky: rents kayaks and canoes on Elkhorn Creek near Frankfort, KY. They also will drive their canoes to other locations.
- Louisville Metro Parks in Jefferson Memorial Forest: they have a fleet of canoes and kayaks for local, staff-led activities in Jefferson Forest and on the Ohio River for groups.
Paddle sports access
- Louisville Metro waterways: a University of Louisville class published an interesting paddle sports access website for Louisville Metro waterways. It includes photographs, maps, and descriptions.
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork: 6 canoe launch sites spread among 20 miles of Floyds Fork in eastern Jefferson County. Canoeing on the Fork is water-dependent; the website provides accurate water flow and access information.
- Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources: the KY Department Fish and Wildlife’s website, Kentucky Waterbodies, gives the most comprehensive, up-to-date boat ramp list in the state of Kentucky. It describes the fishing habitats near each boat ramp.
- American Whitewater- KY State Rivers: this national website is very up-to-date for streams around our region that one can paddle. They have detailed descriptions and accurate flow information.